Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Quick n dirty update: 4 months



Yep, our little winter bear is one third of the way to a year old! His doctor appt. confirmed he is growing nicely (length is a bit on the long side, head is a bit on the small side and weight is exactly at the 50 percentile). And since I'm back at work full-time (hopefully I can post on this experience at some point) I find myself with very little free time for blogging, etc. So, quickly, here are Henry's updates:


-Oh, the smiles... he is such a good smiler! He smiles at strangers, smiles in his sleep, and seems to pull out extra special smiles for Mama and Dada

-Laughs! He is officially laughing and although I haven't caught it on video yet, it is the best sound I've ever heard. And it's so weird- he makes a hiccup noise between his laughs: hehehehe-hic-hehehehe-hic-hehehe-hic

And he likes to laugh when I'm singing one particular song about poop ("whooooo-who who who's gotta poop?") Yes, I wrote it myself. And it's only slightly less popular than the one his father wrote: ("We've got the pee pee pees and the poo poo poos, then we wipe it up, oh yes we doo doo doo").

-Sleep: still a foreign word in our house.

-Henry is on pacifier strike (extra fun as I become his human pacifier)

-He sleeps with his butt in the air and his legs tucked under him, which hopefully, will help him get into the crawling position eventually

-Still hasn't rolled over on his own, but has lots of rolling exercise with Noni each day

-Much to Daddy's dismay, his eyes are changing. They might be on their way to brown, but right now, they've paused on a greenish hazel color

-He's rebelling already: his hair is coming in thicker, but only in mohawk formation

-He poops in his bath. What's extra fun is when he poops in his second bath, after I clean out and redraw the first.

-Just in the last week, he's started making raspberry noises with his lips

-And I'm probably forgetting things, but as I write this, I'm shoving a Panera panini in my mouth and also trying to mentally plan the lesson for my 1102 classes today. I should probably go pay more attention to that second thing.



I'll leave you with the lyrics I sing to Henry when I get to see him after work

(from Joshua Radin's "I missed you")


"I've been around the way/ been around but I'm not okay

Oh, cause I missed you so

I'm a coming home

Just to let you know

That I missed you"


Full song:

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Well I love every one of these blog posts, don't I? This one amazes for not just seeming to be spontaneous, fresh, and free, but also -- as you're so chronically short of time -- actually being so.