Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Recessed 2009 brings a Resourceful 2010

Since I can't do a holiday post until Drew finishes tinkering with our computer,
I thought I'd take a moment to talk about my interminable struggle: affording the things I want on the budget we've got!

Here's the want:
~Vintage-inspired with darling little gemstones~
I have been eyeing these pumps all holiday season,
but they refuse to budge from their $100+ price tag.
So I had to work with what I've got:


I never wear these ruby red heels because of the wonky bow:


So I stepped outside the box for a moment- and into JoAnne Fabrics- and was able to find some black gemstones and arrange them in place of the ugly bow. The shoes even happen to have a black heel, so it worked out well:

So I've got my fashion fix for the time being, and I'm able to wear the heels I've been ignoring. Way to go, 2010 Addi!


If only the rest of our nation's economic problems could be solved by a little hot glue...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those shoes are fabulous and I really like the contrast of the black and red! Way to be resourceful!