Sunday, January 10, 2010

Clothes made with love

My beautiful friend Tina Fransson (pictured with husband, Johan) has recently begun to sew custom-made clothes, inspired by the love of God.

A snippet from her bio:

"God gave each and every one of us gifts. Some can sing, others are kind, some are good listeners....I believe one of the gifts he gave me is the passion to make clothes for others. At this point in my life, it feels like this is something God wants me to do. So my purpose for now is to love others and to spread the word of Jesus Christ and his love to all who buy my clothes and let everyone know that they are loved!"

I must be loved, because I received one of the first (if not the first) dress made by Tina. She let me design it myself (because I always have an idea for a dress in mind and can never quite find what I'm looking for) and she did the bateau-neck, party dress exactly as I had imagined it!
* * *
Because it was the inaugural run, Tina cut up an old bridesmaid dress for the fabric and did all of the construction before she had her dress form or any of her patterns- and look at how lovely it turned out! I was so impressed with her work that I decided to get some pictures of me in it to showcase her talent. Drew took the pictures in our yard last Saturday:



I guess someone felt left out:


So Sawyer got in on the pictures, too

I am so embarrassed to post this one, but the dress looks so nice from this angle. This was in response to Andrew saying, "Do something. Anything. Put your hands on your hips and strike a pose." He was right; it's better to be ridiculous than awkward and bland!


Tina did such gorgeous detail on the back:


On Facebook, she has been referring to her project as "Ta Ta Tina," so here's a little logo I put together (in the prehistoric "paint" feature of my computer!)


If you or any other fashion-forward ladies you know want a custom-made piece, check out Tina's website:

http://www.wix.com/tfransson/custom

She charges just a little over materials and shipping (if you live outside of the San Diego area), and does more than just dresses. Here is a recent jacket she did:


Tina, thanks for letting me be part of your mission to spread His love! And thank you for my darling dress!

2 comments:

Ashley Shaun said...

the pictures are really very nice i like them all thanks for sharing this with us.


Motorcycle Clothing

mk said...

what a GORGEOUS model
xo