Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Time for a heart to heart

Silly blog titles aside, I can't go on posting until I have relayed a very big event that occurred in our lives. My Dad just survived what was essentially a failing heart, after being rushed to the hospital for an emergency surgery to have a pacemaker installed in his chest. It was one of the scariest moments of my life; after numerous attempts to reach my parents on the phone, my fears were confirmed when I arrived at an empty house. Fortunately, my worst fear wasn't confirmed, because the doctors were able to treat this problem in time, and my Dad should be able to resume a normal life with the miraculous device in his chest. And miraculous is exactly how my Dad describes this event (much more eloquently than I am) on his blog:



I love my Dad so much and will treasure the blessing that God gave us: many memories to come.
Here he is in one of my favorite recent memories- our trip to San Francisco for New Year's:



We love you, Dad

No comments: