Sunday, September 13, 2009

Drew's first weekend in town

After many weeks, Drew finally arrived here in Florida! It didn't take him long to figure out Southern living:
Fishing after church

I say "after church" to explain why I am casting a line in a dress and cardigan.



Drew got a chance to check out the house we will be renting; he started on some painting and projects, so there's not much to show right now except the back yard. We've got a little deck and planty of fenced space for our new puppy:

Speaking of, here is our puppy at 3 weeks. Her name is Lady Mae Mitchell- Drew came up with the middle name- we figured she was born in the South and needed to be named accordingly!
She is teeny-tiny right now. We can't take her home for another 4 weeks.
Drew knew right away that the one with the white nose would be ours. I'm glad he was there, because I would have taken all four home. But he picked a pretty darn cute one, didn't he?
And on Labor Day, we went to the FSU football game against Miami. In a nutshell, it was nuts (I'm such a loser). Now I know what people from Tallahassee do for fun!
A family of Garnet and Gold
The "Marching Chiefs" are apparently one of the best in the nation-
some of my students are involved.

I'm happy to report that Drew has already made a best friend. She has four paws and is pleasantly plump. She has taken such a liking to Drew that she pretty much follows him everywhere:


Next up: Projects for the House

No comments: