Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Del Mar County Fair!


Blogger or my cursor is acting up so I apologize for the strange spacing here. A couple of weeks ago, Drew asked me spur-of-the-moment if I wanted to go to the fair instead of have dinner at home. I am all about getting out and about in San Diego right now, so of course I was on board! The above picture is of a little piglet that had just performed a lengthy dive into an 8 foot trough and was being warmed in a blanket. Andrew thought it was just the cutest little thing and paid the 5 bucks to hold it for a picture!

* * *
This was a gigantic horse... no, it is not just the angle of the camera.


Look at 6'3" Andrew next to it:


The little racing piglets! The prize was Oreo cookies for the fastest- never knew little piggies liked oreos...

* * *
We saw this sign and had to give it a go:


This is what a deep fried S'more looks like- deliciosity.
* * *
Aside from the pig races, we played carnival games, rode the sky buckets and went down the gigantic potato sack slide. Oh, and of course we ate as much fried food as our hearts could possibly handle! Sometimes the spontaneous nights are just as fun- if not more- than the planned ones.

2 comments:

mk said...

you are TOO CUTE for words!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

That horse is huge! I wish you had brought me back a little s'mores lovin.

-Michelle