Sunday, November 15, 2009

Just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind

On Veteran's Day and the day following, Andrew's brother, Matt, finished boot camp for the Army. Some of his loved ones were able to make the trek to Georgia to come celebrate his achievement (Drew and I are just a few hours drive from Columbus).
Pulling into Sand Hill, a divsion of Fort Benning:


Private First Class Mitchell
The first ceremony (the day I could be there) was an introduction to the soldiers and drill sergeants, recognition of special awards, and the soldiers recieved their black berets.
Proud Andrew
Mom and Grandma
Matt's girlfriend, Claire
Proud sister-in-law (the pics of me and Matt must be on his Mom's camera)


We got to tour the camp and watch some Army drills. I was more interested in the bright trees


Something to do with rifles:

I'm not sure I was supposed to take a picture of this:

Drew stayed for the Thursday official graduation ceremony, but left the camera in th hotel. If I get any of those pictures, I'll upload them here or on Facebook.
* * *
Matt is already at his next post in Augusta, Georgia, where he will begin training in microwaves (not the appliance, but similar technology).
* * *
Matt, we miss you, love you and are so proud of you!

No comments: