Friday, May 29, 2009

Our big move to Florida

As many of you know, the biggest news currently in our lives is our upcoming move to Tallahassee, Florida. My parents live there, and it was my Dad who informed me of a full-time teaching position open at Tallahassee Community College (full-time positions are extremely hard to come by in San Diego). So I interviewed, and was offered the position! We are very blessed to have work in this economy, but we will also be very sad to leave our friends and memories in San Diego. Nevertheless, we are trying to think positively about the new chapter of our lives. So here is a little about the city of Tallahassee:


It is the capital of Florida



It is known as a college town, hosting Florida State University, Florida A & M, and of course, my new employer, TCC (pictured)


It has beautiful canopy roads, created by the overhanging spanish moss



It has historic homes and buildings with the Southern-style porches and columns



... and lakes, of course! This is the lake next to the beautiful Maclay Gardens


Here are the Gardens:





Here are a few pictures from when we were in town for my brother's wedding. Here were are in my Dad's boat out at their lake house.


I took this picture of an alligator on a swamp boat tour in the county of Wakulla

...and a manatee!


We invite you all to come visit us. There is more than enough room to house visitors and we would just love having some familiar faces around!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok Ok.....the place does look pretty.